Thursday, August 23, 2012

Update: Boneyard Shawl

Boneyard Shawl on the lawn -- wrist watch in upper right corner



In progress, with maybe 30 grams of yarn yet to be knit from the formerly 100 gram ball, my Boneyard Shawl project is coming along. Elizabeth Zimmermann is so right about a  laceweight yarn project being the perfect take-a-long knitting task. I'm not looking at a chart or counting as I knit, so I can keep up a conversation and still knit.

I moved the stitches onto two long needles this week and spread the shawl out on grass. The longest side is almost 40 inches already and, as you can see, I have some knitting to do yet.

This scarf/shawl has given me pleasurable knitting hours in Great Britain, Wisconsin and Michigan. Whether on a bus, sitting by the lake or riding in a car, this is my 2012 summer knitting project that relaxes.

The specifics:




No comments:

Post a Comment