Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Heel Is Done -- KAL Week 3


The KAL (Knit Along) for Crimple, a toe-up sock design, is finished through Week 3. Michelle Hunter, designer from KnitPurlHunter will publish Week 4 today and I will be ready to finish my sock. I've been using a long circular needle (2.5 mm or US#1) and doing the magic loop method of sock knitting.

Here's the sock with Week 1 (cast on and knit the toe), Week 2 (knit the foot), and Week 3 (knit the heel) completed in the CoBaSi yarn that we are carrying at Graywood Designs.

Now is a great time to begin this project since you can see all four steps of sock knitting and will know just where your knitting is headed. The CoBaSi is a non-wool yarn that flows through your fingers softly and evenly. It is a joy to knit..

Buy the yarn HERE -- Graywood Designs. We carry 20 colors! If you live in the Pigeon area, you can stop by our shipping office at 40 South Main on Mondays to purchase this yarn. Anything we carry on the website (yarn, needles, patterns, books, GW publications) can be purchased in Pigeon. The office is open 10 am to 4 pm. It is a good idea to call ahead -- 453-2311 locally or 888-453-4554 Toll Free.

CoBaSi is a 2013 Featured Yarn and, as such, is 20% off.

Follow the KAL HERE -- KnitPurlHunter.

Read more about the Knit Along HERE -- Graywood Knits blog

Happy sock knitting!

Wanda

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm still behind!!! That's because I this project inspired me to return to a crazy sweater I've been creating for over a year. About halfway through the foot. Pretty soon, I'll have a new pair of socks AND a sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished a hat this week after I got the sock heel done. And I have laid out a scarf to add a few inches on and then bind off. Jeepers, a scarf! How can that take so long! It's lace knitting and I'm gonna get it done!

    Keep on knittin' WJ

    ReplyDelete