Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Forever Scarf


I started a ribbon lace scarf using a design from Knitty several years ago. I would work on it and put it away; get it out again; put it away. You know the story of unfinished knitting projects, I'm sure.


The scarf is finished! I took the knitting along on a trip to Disney last month and got really, really motivated. Here I am, knitting on the scarf at our Disney hotel. Yes, that is my Element wrap that I am wearing around my shoulders as I knit in the cool outdoor Disney setting.


And here I am, wearing the scarf with a jeans jacket, linen pants and my usual black travel v-neck for an outdoor barbecue event at the convention we attended. I have probably pulled this scarf around my neck fifteen times since finishing it. I absolutely love this piece of knitting and am so glad that I took the time to make it.

I have a skein and a half of Sterling Silk and Silver yarn in this scarf. I used a set of vintage Boye metal needles, needles that I have had since high school days. The pattern is Lace Ribbon Scarf by Veronik Avery from the Spring 2008 issue of Knitty.

Great pattern, compelling knitting, lovely scarf.

Free lace ribbon scarf pattern is HERE

Sterling Silk and Silver yarn is on SALE HERE.





No comments:

Post a Comment