Monday, July 15, 2013

Turn A Square Number Seven

Riff Blue color should be a tad bit more toward a denim-ish gray
I must be crazy about Jared Flood's hat pattern because I started another one. This Turn A Square is for Bill, my helpful friend who knows enough to repair my email disasters when I start tinkering with my laptop or a Kindle or mobile phone.

The main color yarn is Brown Sheep's Lamb's Pride Superwash worsted in Riff Blue (Color SW45). The accent color is Fortissima Socka Mit Bamboo, Color 103, used double. I like to do these hats on Addi Turbo 16" circular needles. Jared's pattern suggests two sizes, US #5 and US #7, one for the ribbing and one for the body of the hat.

The Riff Blue is available on our website (where I called it "Ruff Blue," by mistake!) Notice that the color is a tough one to photograph. It will not be as blue as shown in the photo. Think more denim. The light gray sock yarn is a leftover yarn. It is 60% superwash wool, 25% bamboo, and 15% nylon. It's in the Discontinued Yarn on the website, but there is only one ball left and it is 50% off the regular price.
Turn A Square Number Four

This hat will be the seventh one that I have knit. Max, Finn, Peter, Clay, and John all have Turn A Squares. The sixth Turn A Square, in pink for a girl, is in the decreasing stage. And this hat, for my friend Bill, is Numero Seven.


Turn A Square Number Five








I use the Lamb's Pride Super Wash because I absolutely love the feel of knitting this yarn and then, after washing the hat, the yarn plumps up and the hat is so soft and warm. The hat rolls up and tucks into a pocket so it is ready for windy or rough weather days. It's a great pattern.

Onward and upward with the Turn A Square hats!

Copyright 2013
Wanda Hayes Eichler

Turn A Square -- a FREE pattern on Ravelry

Another Turn A Square Blog Post


No comments:

Post a Comment