Monday, November 11, 2013

Using Stitch Markers

Here's a pin (talked about in a previous post) from a Vera Wang clothing tag, being used as a stitch marker on a piece of lace knitting that I have going.

You can see that the rounded end is threaded through both legs of one stitch. Often when I'm absorbed in lace knitting I find that I forget what row I started on so I place a marker at the start of a knitting session.

That way, when I get up for a cup of coffee or a stretch, after 20-30 minutes of knitting, I can see my progress very clearly.

It's always good to know that an hour of knitting produced two more inches, or more, of knitted fabric.



I use split ring markers, too. I like how easy it is to place one and, then, to remove it. Split ring markers are great for marking the starting stitch in a round of knitting on a circular needle.

You will find this language often in the directions for the knitting designs that I write:

Mark first stitch of round using split ring marker. 

Move the marker up every 3-5 rows so that it follows the knitting.

Happy knitting,

Wanda

No comments:

Post a Comment